You will report directly to the AML Manager to assist in ensuring that the activities of the organisation are conducted in strict adherence with local AML laws and regulations. You will also assist the MLRO and Compliance Operations Manager, as directed from time to time.
Job Title: AML Analyst
Reporting to: AML Manager
You will report directly to the AML Manager to assist in ensuring that the activities of the business are conducted in strict adherence with local AML laws and regulations and will assist the MLRO and Compliance Operations Manager, as directed from time to time. Specifically, you will undertake the following (non- exhaustive) lists of tasks.
- Assisting the AML Manager in the preparation of appropriate transaction monitoring rules and parameters for each Program Manager in line with the expected Program activity. Final sign off will be provided by the MLRO.
- Daily transaction monitoring of each Program Manager and the investigation of alerts. As AML Analyst you will make appropriate escalations to the MLRO in the form of an unusual activity report (UAR).
- Initial assessment of UAR’s received from Program Managers prior to escalation to the MLRO.
- Reviewing monthly compliance reports (MCR’s) received from Program Managers and validating the data contained within by reference to Transact’s internal systems and data.
- Conducting all PEP and Sanctions searches required in line with Transact’s AML Policy.
- Investigating all PEP and Sanctions alerts both internally and as referred by the Program Managers and making appropriate recommendations to the MLRO.
- Assisting Partner Assurance in assessing the ongoing AML compliance of Program Managers.
- Support MLRO on audit and regulator onsite process as it relates to AML operations responsibilities
- Support MLRO in preparation of internal reports (to AML committee, Board of Directors etc.) and external AML and regulatory reporting (Quarterly Compliance return, MoneyVal, PSDII Fraud Reporting, FATCA/CRS etc).
- Review chargebacks and processing as appropriate.
- Support the Compliance onboarding team on Due Diligence reviews.
- You will at all times embody the corporate values.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent AML knowledge with proven experience working in the financial industry.
- In-depth understanding of the Gibraltar, United Kingdom and Malta regulatory environments/policies/legal framework as they relate to AML, Sanctions and an understanding of financial crime risks.
Education and Experience
- AML/Compliance experience within the Financial Services industry and complementary sectors such as online gaming, mobile/telecoms operators, e-commerce, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in legal, compliance accounting, business [or any related field that’s relevant in the industry].
- At least two to five years of experience in payments or in AML, compliance auditing, compliance analysis, or as a compliance officer is needed [prior experience within a card issuing organisation a plus]
- A background in auditing, compliance, or any other regulatory field.
- Evidence of technical proficiency and have strong verbal and written communication skills to relay information efficiently.
- Be detail-orientated to meet strict deadlines and match compliance standards.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria specified in the job description by Friday 31st May 2023 to email@example.com.